Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HAIL Heroes (and Villains)

Hey everyone, we had a great time at our Heroes and Villains festival. I don't have time to write much, but I'll show you some pictures and Bill will say some more. As I said, it was a great time. We had Guitar Hero: That's cyber kid 303 in the middle with the baseball cap. We also had some actual fire fighters come here and let some kids get on the fire engine:



Bill, I mean, Captain Bootstrap Bill is with them. He burns the port cities and they put out the fires. Here's the fire engine:











We also had a portable basketball goal so kids could be a Basketball Hero:


That's Bootstrap Bill again--he said he wanted to "burn one in." We tried to tell him that when you steal the ball you don't really steal the ball.



But finally the Hero Avengers of Imaginon Library (or HAIL) caught up to Bootstrap Bill and paid him back for his dastardly deeds:








As I said, we all had a lot of fun. And, guess what---cyber kid 303 was there to get his free Rick Riordan T-shirt:

Hey, Mr. Riordan, any chance cyber kid could be a Demigod of the Week?

Well, I'd put up more pictures, but Blogger is telling me I've used up half of the capacity already. So I'll see if Bill wants to make another post. By the way, I told you all that I'd post cyber kid's and Will's new comments, so here they are:

101 Ways to Bug Your Parents by Lee Wardlaw. Mrs. Wardlaw is another author I met at Novello (in 2006). She has a son, so she knows how to write books that are interesting to boys. This is a good book and it really does teach you 101 ways to bug your parents. I've tried a lot of them. She also wrote 101 Ways to Bug Your Teacher.

That's from cyber kid. Did you really use some of thsoe on your parents? Did they write a book called 101 Ways to Ground Your Kid?

Here's from Will:

Otis Spofford by Beverly Cleary is a good book because Otis always gets in trouble and always gets an excuse to get out of it, but he gets paid back from his prank....two girls get him back by playing a prank on him.

Very good, Will. You've really made me want to read the books you write about and that's the sign of a good book reviewer. I've got Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary checked out and I'll let you guys know how it is.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Carl




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Thanks so much for mentioning my novels 101 Ways to Bug Your Parents and 101 Ways to Bug Your Teacher. I'm honored! And it's true: I have a son (he's almost 12) and two younger brothers (yes, as the Big Sis I bugged them too), so I definitely know that Boys Rule and Boys Read!

My son is a big fan of the Rick Riordan books. Some of his other favorite books are: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman; The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series by Michelle Paver; Enders Game by Orson Scott Card; The Artemus Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer; and, oh yeah, he kinda likes my books too.

Keep you eyes peeled for my next book, coming next year: 101 Ways to Bug Your Friends & Enemies.

Catch that reading bug!
-Ms. Lee Wardlaw