Thursday, March 20, 2008

"And He's Outta There!"

Hey, guys, just wanted to let you know that I'll be on vacation too. I won't leave town until Sunday but I'l be gone from the library on Friday. So keep writing and voting. Don't forget that you get three extra points for every review you send in. Don't stop writing because Bill and I aren't here. Bill will be back Tuesday and he'll catch up on things. I might even check in before Sunday. But don't forget that the deadline for voting on this round ends at 9:00pm Tuesday, March 25. (Bill will be back and he'll figure the results)

Our friends at the Guys Read blog often have a What I'm Reading Now post. Well, here's my What I'm Taking to Read on Vacation list:

The King's Fifth by Scott O'Dell. I told you earlier that I was reading a book called The Black Pearl by Scott O'Dell. Well, I liked it and I like the author too so, if I like this book, I'll make a Scott O'Dell post and talk about those two books.

Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham--an old, old book but it looks good. A fictionalized biography of Nataniel Bowditch, who lived in the days of the tall-masted sailing ships. He went to sea when he was 12 and eventually learned to navigate ships so well that he became a living legend. This book the Newberry medal as Best Book of its year.

And I might finish the second Barnstormers book while I have the car worked on tomorrow. This second one is good!!

Well, like Harry Carey, the great baseball announcer said whenever someone hit a homer,''He's going ...he's going...he's outta there!"



Keep swinging for the outfield,



Carl

No comments: