Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Lively Discussion!

I love it! We've got a good discussion and new reviews on here! This is great! The first thing I do when I get to work is checkand see if you all have written anything. You've made my day!

Our first comment is from a new friend, Cassiemoonlight:
percy jackson is fantastic. but i dont want percy to go with annabeth. i want him to go with rachel or calypso

Thanks, Cassie. Hmmm, I wonder why you don't want him to go with Annabeth. Are you Aphrodite in disguise? She's been trying to mess them up. I've got my own ideas about who Percy will end up with--but I'm not teliing!!!(not yet at least) BTW, Cassie, girls are always welcome to write in to us. In fact, whenever you do, we give you the greatest honor we can bestow and make you an Honorary Guy. No need to thank us--I know how grateful you must be!

Our friend Hacksaw Jim Duggan from the Guys Read blog has also written to us. He has something to say about Percy and Annabeth too:

Hey Carl & Bill
Thanks for putting me up on your blog. I just wanted to say that I've started the fourth book, and right now I'm on page 73. I'm already enjoying the book alot, especially the way Riordan does action scene after action scene. I can't believe Percy screwed up and couldn't go on his date with Annabeth!! That made me so mad!

Hacksaw Jim Duggan from Guys Read

Thank you, Jim. We always post the comments that you and your fellow readers send us. (click on your name on "Labels" at the bottom of this post to see some of your other comments) You're right--no one does action scenes like Mr. Riordan. But you've got a very different idea from Cassiemoonlight; you want Percy and Annabeth to end up together. Or it seems that way to me. Why else would you be mad that they didn't go out on their date? I tell you what, for two kids who "aren't dating" (according to Percy), they sure spend a lot of time together! As I said, I've got very definite ideas (or guesses) as to what will happen--but you'll have to wait!!

Our final comment comes from none other than our old friend Lord Vader:

Hi everyone,

I'm past the halfway mark of my reading club log. I finished Garfield: Older and Wider. It was great and really funny. A few had my mom and me really laughing. There is a "made you look" comic that I can't wait to try on someone. Garfield is by Jim Davis and this was the 41st book. The other book I finished was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. I liked the book because it was a little different than the movie. I liked the basilisk (I think snakes are cool). I also liked the play on Tom Riddle's name.
Mikie (a.k.a Lord Vader)

Good to hear from you again, Lord Mikie--I mean, Vader. When He talks about his reading club log, he means the Catch theReading Bug program. If you take part in it, you can get prizes for reading! I hope a lot of you have signed up. If you live outside of Mecklenburg county, there's probably something similar at your local library.

Thanks for the great discussion! Keep those comments coming!

Carl

No comments: