Monday, December 8, 2008

New Friends, Old Friends, and The Giver

Hey, gang, it's Carl. Before I go any further, let me say

GO PANTHERS!!! GO PANTHERS!!! GO PANTHERS!!!
Yes, the Carolina Panthers are playing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the championship of the division tonight on national TV!!! Both teams are 9 and 3; both teams are tied for first place. Ought to be quite a game!
We've got two comments, one from an old friend and one from a new friend. Let's hear from Ms. Yingling, our new friend first:

Just found your site! Very excited to go through your blog roll, and hope to see a lot of good reviews of books for boys. I try my best, but never having been a boy puts me at a disadvantage sometimes!

Thanks, Ms. Yingling, and don't worry about never having been a boy because we'll make you an Honorary Guy, just as we do for all girls who write in to us. Yes, I know that's an extremely great honor and you might need a moment to recover, so just take all the time you need. There are a lot of good links for guy books on our blog roll--and don't forget that we have a list af all the books we and the guys have written about on that blog roll! Ms. Yingling is a middle-school librarian and runs a pretty cool blog too. Check it out at http://msyinglingreads.blogspot.com/

The other comment is from cyber kid 303:

The Wish Giver was a good book about Thaddeus Blinn and his strange wish cards. Stew Meat, Polly, Rowena, and Adam all by wish cards and all except Stew make wishes they regret.This a great adventure book.

Thanks to you too, cyber kid!! It's good to hear from you again! A lot of other people have been talking lately on other bogs about The Giver, so now I'm really curious. I really have to finish Space Cadet by Robert Heinlein first. We've been busy and I get to read only a few pages at a time, but I'm enjoying it.

And, now, for your holiday entertainment, here is an amazing video of a house with a lot of Christmas lights. "So what," you say, "there are bunches of houses loaded with Christmas lights!" Yeah, well, I bet this is the only one whose lights are in time with that great old song, "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus." (It starts off a little slowly but picks up quickly) Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I'll let my students know about my Honorary Guyhood. As long as I don't have to burp the alphabet or wield a light saber, I think I will not disappoint you.