Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two Quick Notes

Things are busy here in library land, so I thought I'd put up a couple of items that reader guys everywhere would like to know about. First, we had a comment a few days ago from Jacob R. Parker, a fellow reader guys AND an author!! He commented on the new Lightning Thief movie trailer we showed on our post of 10-1:

Wow, I hadn't heard those things about Percy Jackson.

That's interesting because there's a book giveaway going on at my blog in which I'm giving away three copies of a new fantasy book in the vein of Percy Jackson. :)

Thanks, Jacob! I've checked out his blog and he's giving away free copies of a book called The Curse of the Spider King, which looks pretty good. Look into it, guys!

And, speaking of movie trailers, do you know they do BOOK trailers? Yes, indeedy, and some are first-rate. Like this one. It's for Leviathan by Scott Westerfield. Our brother readers at the SMS Guys Read blog are using it for their book club. It's out in the stores and the library has ordered copies. I've got one on hold!! Here's the trailer:











Cool, huh? Sure makes me want to read it!

Hope to see you all at Word Play Saturday here at Imaginon from 10-1 this Saturday!

Carl

No comments: