Monday, November 23, 2009

The Black Circle by Patrick Carman

...will grab you by the throat and not let you go until you reach the very last word. Man, oh, man! I didn't think these 39 Clues book could get any better, but this one gets this suspense, action, creepiness, and mystery up to a whole new level. Dan and Amy Cahill get a strange telegram while in Cairo, Egypt that says they should go to a certain locker in the Cairo airport. What they find sends them deep into Russia with only 36 hours to traverse that enormous country to find the greatest Clue yet. Of course, they can't do it alone, so they have to make an alliance with one of the most unlikely branches of their deadly family. AND they have to solve a lot of mysteries and dodge ruthless killers along the way, climbing inside gigiantic statues and hiding in coffins with bones of long-dead rulers! I tell you, I couldn't stop reading until I got to the last page! For fun, exitement, and heart-stopping danger, you can't do better than The Black Circle!

Carl

3 comments:

Jana said...

Did you see the new preview for The Lightning Thief? Can't wait! Check out the movie website for the best one...http://www.percyjacksonthemovie.com/

Ms. Yingling said...

I am really liking these, and I wasn't sure I would. They haven't been as popular in my library as I would have thought-- maybe people are actually buying them?

Iron Guy Carl said...

Thanks to both of you! I had not seen the new trailer and I'm glad you told me about it. And those 39 Clues books are better than I ever hoped they would be! I would be surprised if people are indeed buying them--not only are they good, but there are lot of mysteries to dig out of them and you'd need to own them to find them all. Of course, maybe aren't as popular in your school because these are aimed at tweens more than middle schoolers. (or are tweens considered middle school these days?) have you been to the 39 Clues website? They're a lot to do there but they also have these message boards in which kids speculate on the mysteries of the characters and, as i said, they'd need to have the books to get all that.