Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Beat--I mean, the Debate Goes On!

Yes, indeed, the Great Harry Potter Controversy is heating up! We've had several people write in over the last few days. The first was our good friend Ms. Yingling, a grownup librarian who runs a mean blog. (go over to the Links section on the left-hand side of the page to check out her blog)

I'm not a fan of HP. Are they fine books? Yes. Did I read them all when they first came out? Yes. Will I ever reread them? No. Riordan's stuff is much more interesting and amusing to me. My daughter, however, is offended by anyone who doesn't think HP is brilliant. I liked Order of the Phoenix the best, but still it's not something I would go back to.

Good to hear another librarian agree with ME!! But then, two other reader guys sent very different views:

nboy said...

yeah i like percy jackson better than harry

I LOVE HARRY POTTER! i don`t like percy jackson at all

Oh, man, how could these guys be any more opposed? Wow, what a controversy I've stirred up! What about YOU?? Which side of the Hogwarts fence do YOU sit on? Or the Camp Half-Blood fence? Or the Alypium fence? (a sly reference for all you Erec Rex fans) Come on, let's hear more on the Great Harry Potter Controversy!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I love them both. LOVE. I also LOVE Fablehaven and Artemis Fowl. There is room in my heart for all of them! I was as excited for each new book in each of these series. I just love to find something that hooks me and keeps me there for a bit. And I love that these series all have the ability to hook young readers and keep them reading!

Ms. Yingling said...

Of course I agreed with you, Iron Guy. You're always right!

Iron Guy Carl said...

Glad you see it that way. Now if I could only convince the rest of the world...