Friday, June 19, 2015

48 Hour Book Challenge--2015 Edition

Yes, reader guys everywhere, it's June once again and that means it's time for the Iron Guy's annual test of endurance and stamina, that time when he pushes his amazing MANLY MANLINESS to limits undreamed of. In other words, it's time for the 48 Hour Book Challenge, a weekend in which lots of kidlit book bloggers see how many hours they can read in a 48-hour period. The Iron Guy has done this in the past and has, of course, held the blog world in awe of his ability to sit in one spot and read. (click on the "48 hour book challenge" tab under this post to see what I've done in the past 48 Hour Challenges) This year promises to be one of the best ever, so stay tuned to this blog and see Iron Guy achieve even greater awesomeness!

What will I read this weekend? Well, I plan to finish a couple of books on my TBR ("to be read") list but there are a couple of others:


The Boundless by Kenneth Oppel--Our friend Mighty Micah recommended this one to me, so how could I refuse?










Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! : the Beatles, Beatlemania, and the Music That Changed the World by Bob Spitz--The story of the greatest rock band of all time. Gotta be a good one.








We're also allowed to listen to one audiobook, so I've got Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. Yes, that's two books by the same author in one weekend but this one is supposed to be really good, so why not?

OK, then. I'll officially start the challenge later tonight(actually started @ 11:30 pm--update from this afternoon), so watch this blog and follow the progress of the incredible--

IRON GUY!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I really liked AIRBORN, although I read the print book so I don't know what the audiobook is like. Hope you are enjoying your books this year!

Iron Guy Carl said...

The audiobook is great! Look for a review later.