Friday, November 25, 2016

Reid Claims His Prizes

Hey, everybody, and happy day-after-Thanksgiving greetings! I hope you had a good day yesterday. I know I did. And now we have one more reason to be thankful--our good friend Reid came by the library to claim his prizes for winning the World Series of Reading Contest. Here you see him striking a pose as he picks up his prizes--no doubt he's showing us how knocked it out of the park to win!



As you can see, he won a set of the first four Harry Potter books, a door hanger and a digital stopwatch. Reid really impressed me as he got his prizes. He already had the first four Harry Potter books. I asked him if he'd like to pick out some other books but he said, no, he'd give these books to a friend. Now that's a MANLY MAN!

Enjoy this long weekend, guys, and let me know if you read any cool books or listen to any good audiobooks. I hope to spend some quality time with The Crown of Fire. I've read the first three or four chapters and already there's been an escape from a gunfight, a reappearance of a mysterious assassin and a book that shrieks! I told you these books are good!

1 comment:

cleemckenzie said...

I love the picture of the winner!